Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Coronavirus: Mary Kom, Saina and other Indian athletes laud decision to postpone Tokyo Olympics #IndiaNEWS Life comes first, sport can wait. This was the collective view of India’s top Olympic-bound

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Coronavirus: Mary Kom, Saina and other Indian athletes laud decision to postpone Tokyo Olympics #IndiaNEWS
Life comes first, sport can wait. This was the collective view of India’s top Olympic-bound athletes, including stalwarts such as MC Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal, as they lauded the Tokyo Games’ postponement amid the COVID-19 pandemic that has pushed the world into chaos.The quadrennial showpiece, scheduled from July 24 to August 9 in Tokyo, was postponed to no later than summer of 2021 after a telephonic conversation between Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and International Olympic Committee chief Thomas Bach on Tuesday.Read - Goal hasn’t changed, only the date: Twitter reacts as Tokyo Olympics is postponed due to coronavirus“The situation right now is not good. Life always comes first, everything else can wait. Players’ safety is paramount. Everyone who took this decision factored this in. I think it’s good for everyone,� Mary Kom, a bronze-medallist at London 2012 who was gearing up for her second Olympic appearance, told PTI.“Now I get more time to prepare, our training plans can be extended. And it’s not just for me, it is true for everyone around the world,� she added.Saina, also a bronze-winner at the 2012 Games, held a similar view. She was racing against time to qualify for Tokyo after all the qualifying events stood cancelled due to the...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme