Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ATK’s ISL title, Mohun Bagan’s I-League triumph, an impending merger – so what happens to AFC slots? #IndiaNEWS It is not the greatest of times for being a sports fan around the world,

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

ATK’s ISL title, Mohun Bagan’s I-League triumph, an impending merger – so what happens to AFC slots? #IndiaNEWS
It is not the greatest of times for being a sports fan around the world, but the football mad public in Kolkata have had one of the most memorable seasons. The past week has witnessed the crowning of Mohun Bagan as I-League champions with four games to spare in the tournament, while a rampaging ATK FC claimed an unprecedented third Indian Super League title triumph.The latter secured the ISL title with a 3-1 victory over arch-rival Chennaiyin FC in a summit showdown that was played behind closed doors in Goa on Saturday.Javier Hernandez (10th) and Edu Garcia (48th) put ATK in the driving seat but Nerijus Valskis (69th) reduced their advantage to set up a tense end to the contest.Hernandez scored another in injury time (90+4th) to confirm a record third title.While Kolkata might be rejoicing two titles, there is a question to be asked in the aftermath that might leave some stakeholders of Indian football uncomfortable.In the days leading up to the two teams emerging champions, the All India Football Federation issued a clarification that many had been waiting for: what will happen to the three continental slots for Indian clubs? The slots for AFC Club competitions from 2021 onwards from India will be decided on the following criteria:The winner...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme