Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Bhopal resident awaits return of his children, who were adopted by a US couple ‘without his consent’ #IndiaNEWS A 35-year-old autorickshaw driver from Bhopal is fighting for the return of

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Bhopal resident awaits return of his children, who were adopted by a US couple ‘without his consent’ #IndiaNEWS
A 35-year-old autorickshaw driver from Bhopal is fighting for the return of his children, as he said they were adopted by a couple in the United States without his consent, boosting calls for a ban on inter-country adoptions to stop child trafficking.Jay Prakash Ahirwar said his mother took his three children in 2015 to the local Child Welfare Committee, which protects vulnerable children, after his wife died – only to discover last month that a US couple had adopted them.The committee placed the children – then aged three, five and seven – with the SOS Children’s Villages in Bhopal, where the charity runs a group foster home as part of its work to support 25,000 vulnerable children across India.“I wanted to take my children home for Holi festival last year, but [SOS Children’s Villages officials] said they were getting good education and I should not spoil their lives. I thought maybe they were right,â€? said Ahirwar. “When I went last month, I was told they were adopted by a US family. They did not inform me or ask me. Did they give them away or did they sell them? I don’t know.â€? The committee’s responseA spokesman for SOS Children’s Villages said the charity told the government’s...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme