Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: UPSC Prelims in October: IAS Officer Shares 6 Tips For Last Minute Revision #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants In my mind there was no doubt that I was meant to be a part of the civil services. All I had

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

UPSC Prelims in October: IAS Officer Shares 6 Tips For Last Minute Revision #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
In my mind there was no doubt that I was meant to be a part of the civil services. All I had to do was work towards achieving that goal,� says IAS Officer Naveen Kumar Chandra, who clinched an All India Rank of 490 in the Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2017.
Evidently, Naveens persistence has paid off.
With aspirants in the last leg of CSE preparation,  we talked to him about last-minute preparation and revision techniques that you could adopt.
Currently posted as the Assistant Collector and Magistrate, Malda district , West Bengal, Naveen attempted the UPSC CSE twice, once in 2016 and then again in 2017.
The IAS officer has many points to share especially the mistakes that can be avoided while preparing for the exam.
1. Find Patterns in Mock Tests
“Aspirants usually start solving mock tests about two months before the examination,� says Naveen. It is imperative that they gauge their own preparation level on the basis of the mocks and also derive potential questions on the basis on what is asked. But what should they especially look for?
“Look for unique characteristics, facts and figures from the questions in previous year papers. This will give you an edge over others and push your score to about the 80 to 100 bracket,� informs Naveen.
Elaborating on the need to find repetitive patterns in mock tests, the IAS officer says, “Once you find such questions, make sure you practise as many similar questions as you can. Actively look for such patterns in the mock papers. �
2. Extrapolate From Mock Questions
Do not solve mock papers just to see where you stand – extrapolate from each question as much as you can. “While attempting the mock paper, aspirants check for answers and move on. This is a mistake,� cautions Naveen. There is a reason why a certain type of questions is repeated across mock papers. Thus, it would be advantageous for you to keep a note of such questions and practice accordingly.
Speaking from experience, Naveen says, “One of the mock papers I was attempting had a question which required us to arrange the capitals of countries in South East Asia from North to South. While this question was simple, it indicated that the UPSC question paper would carry such a question. �
Spend time reading up and understanding as much as you can about such questions. Now that you know that questions like these can be asked, extrapolate them to look at other continents, states of India, and the subcontinent. That will give you an edge.
3. Utilise This ‘Grace’ Period Well says the IAS Officer
“There is bound to be some topic or chunk of the syllabus that you may have left out during your preparation time.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme