Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Daughter of Vegetable Vendor Shares Story Of Defying Odds, Inspires The Internet #IndiaNEWS #Inspirational When Madhu Priya was a little girl, she’d often spend time with her mother, who ran a vegetable

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Inspirational

Daughter of Vegetable Vendor Shares Story Of Defying Odds, Inspires The Internet #IndiaNEWS #Inspirational
When Madhu Priya was a little girl, she’d often spend time with her mother, who ran a vegetable shop in Chennai’s Egmore. One day, a woman entered the store, took a whole lot of vegetables, but only paid for half a kilo of tomatoes. Both Madhu and her mother took note, but the little girl watched as her mother quietly packed the vegetables, accepted the incomplete payment and let the woman go.
“Didn’t you see that she stole some vegetables???? young Madhu asked her mother, Devaki.
“Yes, I know,??? her mother responded.
“Why didn’t you stop her????
“If someone is stealing food, it means that they’re in need. They’re not doing it for fun. Maybe she needs to feed her family. It’s okay, we should let it go,??? Devaki noted.
This incident became engraved in Madhu’s mind, and changed her perspective on life forever. “Nobody looks at the other side of the story,??? Madhu, now 28, tells The Better India. “But my mother always did. This is a lesson I take with me no matter where I go or who I interact with. ???
Madhu is the first working mother, first to obtain a masters degree, and the first to work at an MNC across generations in her family (Source: Madhu Priya)
When Madhu was growing up, many failed to take note of her story and the struggles she saw as a daughter of two vegetable vendors, who did their best to make ends meet and educate their two young daughters. Recently, Madhu shared a post on LinkedIn in which she detailed her recent promotion, how her mother stood by her against all odds, and that despite the struggles they saw, Madhu is today the first-generation woman in her family to have obtained a Masters’ degree, first girl to be placed at an Indian MNC, first working mother and the first to get a promotion.
The elephant in the room
“My grandparents were plumbers from Hosur. My father was one as well, but as automation came in and motors began replacing pumps, my father had to start looking for alternative sources of income. So my parents decided to open a vegetable store,??? Madhu says. “This was around 30 years ago. My sister and I were born a few years later. My parents, who are both school dropouts, wanted us to be educated in a convent school. ???
Devaki herself had always wanted to study in a convent in Chennai, but her financial background never allowed her ample opportunities to do so. She tried to get both her daughters admitted to the school multiple times but failed. She constantly ran back and forth between running her store and trying to get in touch with the school administration. After three years of struggle, the school’s principal finally took note of how Devaki was trying to change the future laid out for her daughters, and Madhu was finally admitted to the school, followed by her sister the next year.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme