Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘Feel Like A New Person’: IPS Officer Shares How He Lost 50 Kgs Despite Hypertension #IndiaNEWS #healthy living Night after night, I make a promise to myself. Tomorrow will be a new day and I

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #healthy #IndiaNEWS

‘Feel Like A New Person’: IPS Officer Shares How He Lost 50 Kgs Despite Hypertension #IndiaNEWS #healthy living
Night after night, I make a promise to myself. Tomorrow will be a new day and I shall begin my fitness routine with sincerity. It always begins with great fire, but by mid-week, that enthusiasm has tapered off. Does this happen to you?
In the case of Vivek Raj Singh Kukrele, a 41-year-old IPS Officer, there were many such false starts.
Having been a “chubby??? child during his growing years, in 2006, when Vivek joined the National Police Academy, he weighed 134 kgs.
IPS Officer Vivek Raj Singh
“That was when I started working on my body. With the rigorous training we underwent for 46 weeks at the academy along with the extra hours and effort I put in, I managed to shed 30 kgs,??? he says speaking to The Better India.
While the initial euphoria of having lost weight was high, Vivek fell into his old routine when he joined active duty, and started piling on weight. “There came a point where my weight loss came to a standstill. I was serving in the Naxal-hit districts of Bihar and the work was difficult, which in turn meant that I was eating erratically and ended up putting back on all the weight I’d lost, along with a few extra kgs. ??? At this point, Vivek weighed 130 kgs.
In December 2019, at 130 kg, Vivek started his weight loss journey again, and by July 2020, he’d lost more than 35 kgs. After that, he slowly lost another 7 kgs until September 2020 and today, in June 2021, he weighs 86. 5 kgs, which is more than 50 kgs from his start weight. He shares his inspiring transformation and the roadblocks he saw along the way.
‘Don’t make food a weakness’
Have you reached your desired step count today?
Vivek describes himself as a foodie and says he would feel bad whenever he wasted his meals. “This meant that I would end up consuming whatever was put on my plate, even if I’d reached a point of saturation,??? he recalls. The breaking point came when he hit 138 kgs. He knew that he had to start work and lose weight. “It was a slow process and I started by going on walks,??? he says.
With so many fitness apps and groups available online, all one needs to do is to find the right fit, he adds. “I used an app called ‘Step Set Go’, which is a step counter. I found the app to be very motivating, and it helped me stay consistent,??? he says. “Soon, walking became a part of my routine. I started losing weight, albeit slowly, but seeing the numbers drop kept motivating me to work harder,??? he says.
In order to lose weight, one has to consume less than what is being expended. However, in Vivek’s case, he decided that since he could not stay away from food and did not want to necessarily go on any diet, he upped his step count.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme