Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Losing a Friend to Cancer at 21, Woman Starts Natural, Vegan Skin Care Brand #IndiaNEWS #healthy living Skincare brands often know how to zero in on your deepest insecurities to convince you that

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #healthy #IndiaNEWS

Losing a Friend to Cancer at 21, Woman Starts Natural, Vegan Skin Care Brand #IndiaNEWS #healthy living
Skincare brands often know how to zero in on your deepest insecurities to convince you that something or the other about your body can be fixed, changed, modified or removed altogether. Moreover, big beauty brands can be misleading — something that you think is natural and healthy could potentially increase the risk of skin cancer.
Delhi-based Nandeeta Manchandaa was a first-hand witness to this while completing her undergraduate degree in the US. “One of my friends was diagnosed with skin cancer at a very early age — she was just 21. I used to accompany her for her therapies and treatments, and the dermatologist told us that the products that she had been using were a contributing factor,??? Nandeeta recalls in conversation with The Better India. “Any sort of chemical that builds up in your body can trigger cancer. He advised us to start carefully reading the labels of whatever products we were using and look out for anything that could ‘stay’ on the skin. ???
In 2010, Nandeeta returned to India with this thought in mind. She got married shortly after and opened her salon. Here, after noticing the chemical bleaches and hair products that she was using on her customers, she decided to launch a few natural products of her own. This step sowed the seed of starting a full-fledged natural beauty business in her mind.
“It wasn’t as though the idea came about overnight. It involved a lot of personal evolution as a consumer,??? she notes.
Years of interacting with and understanding her customers in the salon, her own experiences, and research formed the basis of what today is Enn’s Closet — a range of vegan, natural and hand-made skin and hair care products launched in 2018. These products are SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and paraben-free, cruelty-free, and aim to “put your health first???.
Enns Closets products are hand-made, natural, and cruelty-free (Source: Nandeeta Manchandaa)
‘Be mindful of what you put on your skin’
“I’ve been a beauty aficionado for as long as I can remember, and I’d like to give my grandmother credit for this. At home, we’d pick up whatever was left on the breakfast table to apply on our hair or face — be it curd, banana, coffee, lemon, or wheat flour. We’ve been following these home remedies for years now, which is what I wanted to incorporate in my brand,??? Nandeeta says.
Speaking about how exactly she does this, and providing more insight into Enn’s product range, Nandeeta says, “We started with a range of natural lipsticks. A lot of the lipstick you wear is ingested in small amounts, so our idea was to offer a safe alternative to chemical-based products.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme