Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: 23-YO Engineer From Chenab Valley Converts Vintage Cars Into EVs #IndiaNEWS #Electric Vehicles Mohammad Jawaad Khan, a 23-year-old entrepreneur from the small town of Bhaderwah in the picturesque

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Electric #IndiaNEWS

23-YO Engineer From Chenab Valley Converts Vintage Cars Into EVs #IndiaNEWS #Electric Vehicles
Mohammad Jawaad Khan, a 23-year-old entrepreneur from the small town of Bhaderwah in the picturesque Chenab Valley of Jammu, is on the cusp of something big in India’s still emerging electric vehicle (EV) market. His New Delhi-based startup, Tadpole Projects, is pioneering the conversion of fossil fuel guzzling vintage cars into electric in India, while also doing the same for modern IC-engine four-wheeler vehicles.
Incorporated in September 2020 and closely associated with the Centre of Excellence for Research on Clean Air (CERCA) at IIT-Delhi, the startup has already retrofitted vintage cars like the Volkswagen Beetle (1948) and an Austin 10 (1936), while also doing the same for ubiquitous modern four-wheelers like the Maruti Swift DZire and Honda City.
“At Tadpole Projects, we want to enhance the EV ecosystem in the country without adding new cars on the road. As EV retrofitters, we provide a solution which is both economical and sustainable. But where we make a real difference is our ability to maintain the same driving feel of the former IC-engine car and the ability to provide customised solutions for each customer,??? says Jawaad Khan, speaking to The Better India, earlier this week.
Always had an interest in innovation
Jawaad comes from humble beginnings. His father, a shopkeeper, runs a small store in the tourist town of Bhaderwah, while his mother is a government school teacher. Bhaderwah has a relatively high literacy rate (86. 6%), although very few venture into entrepreneurship. But before Jawaad ever thought of becoming an entrepreneur, he grew a deep fascination for making and innovating things, and science.
“Science has fascinated me since childhood. I always had an interest in making and innovating things. I have spent a lot of time in electric/mechanic repairing shops learning how machines operate. Sometimes I would fix things, but mostly I broke them. Growing older, I also developed a very keen interest in technological advancements in various fields,??? he recalls.
That’s how he developed an interest in electric vehicles. Studying electrical engineering at the Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology (SVIET) in Rajpura, Punjab, for his graduation project, he built a high-speed EV called the ‘SVIET Volta’ in 2019. Spending more than 15 months building it alongside the Electrical Engineering Department R&D Cell of SVIET, the EV maintained a top speed of 110 kmph.
After his BTech, the plan was to prepare for his GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam and apply for an MTech in an elite engineering institution. But following his stellar project in college, he was invited to an event at IIT-Delhi.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme