Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Puducherry crisis: Two MLAs quit ahead of government’s floor test #IndiaNEWS Two more MLAs – one from the Congress and the other from the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam – resigned from the Puducherry

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Puducherry crisis: Two MLAs quit ahead of government’s floor test #IndiaNEWS
Two more MLAs – one from the Congress and the other from the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam – resigned from the Puducherry Assembly on Sunday, a day before the V Narayanasamy-led government’s floor test. PTI reported.K Lakshminarayanan, who had been elected from the Raj Bhavan constituency, handed over his resignation letter to Puducherry Assembly Speaker VP Sivakolundhu at his residence. He told the media that Narayanasamy’s government had lost its majority. Hours later, DMK MLA K Venkatesan also tendered his resignation. Lakshminarayanan complained about not being made a minister despite his seniority, NDTV reported. “I took this decision because the party didn’t give me due recognition in the government and in the organisation,??? he told ANI.Lakshminarayanan added that the Bharatiya Janata Party and the regional NR Congress had approached him. “I will make the next move after consulting my supporters,??? he was quoted as saying by NDTV. With the two resignations, the strength of the MLAs supporting the Puducherry government in the Assembly has reduced to 12 including the Speaker. The The Opposition, on the other hand, has 14 MLAs. In the 33-member House, five seats are vacant. The Narayanasamy-led government was reduced to a minority, following the resignation of four of its MLAs. Congress legislator...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme