Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Indian-American stand-up comedians come out in support of Munawar Faruqui #IndiaNEWS #International Washington: A group of Indian-American stand-up comedians have come out in support of Munawar Faruqui.

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #International

Indian-American stand-up comedians come out in support of Munawar Faruqui #IndiaNEWS #International
Washington: A group of Indian-American stand-up comedians have come out in support of Munawar Faruqui. The Indian comedian was recently released from jail after 35 days. Munawar Faruqui was put behind bars for allegedly hurting religious sentiments during one of his comedy shows.
Faruqui and four others were arrested January 1. They were arrested following a complaint by a BJP MLA’s son. He said that objectionable remarks about Hindu deities and Home Minister Amit Shah were passed during a comedy show in Indore. Faruqui was released from the Indore Central Jail late Saturday night. It happened after he was granted interim bail by the Supreme Court.
Faruqui issued a brief video message after he was set free. The 32-year-old comedian said, “I don’t want to comment (on the case against him) now. But, I have full faith in the judiciary and I am hopeful of getting justice. ???
In their comments, the Indian-American stand-up comedians said the arrest of Faruqui was incredibly unjust. They asserted it was against the freedom of expression.
“As a comedian my entire life is built on the ability to express myself to make people laugh. However we need to also call out contradictions and injustice. We need to bring to light things that make us uncomfortable. Because of this I deeply value my freedom to develop my own thoughts and share them with people,??? comedian Pallavi Gunalan said.
“That Munawar is being treated so cruelly simply for being a fellow comedian is incredibly unjust and we need to speak about it. That he didn’t even get a chance to express himself before being jailed shows we have such a long way to go in terms of truly understanding what freedom and liberation mean for everybody, even people with whom you may disagree. Any one of our lives could be taken away so quickly and it’s not right. So, we have to fight for them. I support Munawar and his colleagues and I hope they will receive justice,??? Gunalan added. The statement was issued by the organisation ‘Hindus for Human Rightp?&K???[?[[?[??]??[??[?X[?[Y?X?[??[? ]??YYX[???X?[?H?X?]Y[?H??X[??Y?]H???????]ZK?]????[??Y?HH8?&?X?Z[Z[??[?Xx?&H??[][???[?H[?[????]?X[?[Y?X?[???YYX[?????YY?[??H?????YZ???']????H[?[???YH?H?[????YYX[???????Y?]H?]][?]???HY?Y[????[H???Y???X?X?[??H???H??[? ]??YYK?????H]?H?[K?H??YYX[?H[??]8?&??X????H??Y?[?[?H]?Y?????X?H?X?X?H??[? ]??YYK?X?X[HH?]H[X??][H[???[??[?????YH?YX??Y??8???ZY?ZH ?

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme