Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Rishabh Pant remembers the torrid times before his Australian success story: This is what he has to say #IndiaNEWS #Sports New Delhi: Rishabh Pant has navigated a wave of criticism and ridicule with

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Sports

Rishabh Pant remembers the torrid times before his Australian success story: This is what he has to say #IndiaNEWS #Sports
New Delhi: Rishabh Pant has navigated a wave of criticism and ridicule with his electrifying strokes in Australia. However, not long ago, the wicket-keeper was ‘feeling the heat each and every day’. Rishabh Pant was under tremendous pressure even after cutting himself completely off from the outside world.
Pant was up against one of the best bowling attacks of all time. He came into his own during the Test matches in Sydney and Brisbane. In the Brisbane game he successfully powered India to an epic win. His match-winning innings came days after failing to do so by a whisker in the third and penultimate match.
But the time prior to those two knocks of 97 and 89 was not kind to the Delhi boy. Pant played the innings of 97 after he had taken two painkilling injections and sedatives. Yet he was being criticised unnecessarily.
“I was feeling the heat each and every day, it’s part and parcel of the game. But as an individual you need to believe in yourself,??? Pant, was quoted as saying by ‘India Today’.
Moving forward
“If you’re moving forward then you’re improving, this is what I’ve learnt during the tough phase. Focus so much on your game that you don’t notice anything else. It’s difficult also to block the outside noise because of social media. However, I have segregated myself from it. When you’re doing well people will write good but when you’re not, they will criticise you. It’s part and parcel of a cricketer’s life nowadays. So if you don’t focus on the criticism and instead focus on your cricket then that’s much better I guess,??? Pant added.
The 23-year-old’s hard work paid dividends. He finished the four-match Test series as the third highest scorer with 274 runs from three matches.
Draw never an option
India were set a record target of 328 to win the match and series in Brisbane. Pant said he was always focused on going after it as draw was never an option for him.
Also read: Wriddhiman Saha is all praise for Rishabh Pant: This is what he has to say
“The mindset was always to play normal cricket, even the team management spoke about it in the first innings. Let’s look to score runs, cash in on the loose balls. The policy was, just stick in there and do whatever you can at that time,??? Pant informed.
“The team management’s plan from the beginning of the match was ‘let’s look to win the match’. Even my thinking has always been to win. I just want to win every game; draw is always the secondary option,??? asserted Pant.
World Cup disappointment
Pant said he was disappointed at not being able to live up to the expectations during the 2019 World Cup in England.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme