Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Despite Owning an Electric Car, This Kerala Doctor Reduced His Power Bill by 96% #IndiaNEWS #Kerala There could be a plethora of reasons that motivate an individual to move towards a sustainable way

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Kerala

Despite Owning an Electric Car, This Kerala Doctor Reduced His Power Bill by 96% #IndiaNEWS #Kerala
There could be a plethora of reasons that motivate an individual to move towards a sustainable way of life. For Jojo John, resident of Kochi, Kerala, it was a headline about the United Kingdom banning fuel vehicles by 2030. Fascinated by how an entire country would switch to alternate modes of transportation, he decided to buy an electric car and even power his house with solar energy.
“My electricity bill was soaring and reached Rs 4,000 a month during the summer season. So, I installed solar panels in January 2020 to power the appliances of daily use. I was also contemplating buying an electric car as I realised that installing solar panels could power an electric vehicle as well. Thinking ahead, my electric car powered by solar energy could reduce pollution and also cover the recurring fuel costs behind it,??? Jojo explains.
Jojo, an anaesthetist at a government hospital, adds that he chose to install a 5 Kw solar powered system for Rs 3. 25 lakh and synchronised it with the Kerala Electricity Board grid. The doctor bought a Tata Nexon EV in June 2020, and claims that not only his car but also all the appliances in his house get powered by solar energy as well.
Going Off The Grid
Jojos solar power system above his EV parked in the garage.
“I calculated that the fuel costs for driving the car are about Rs 8 per km. Using electricity from the grid to charge the electric car would cost between 50 paise and Re 1. But if I used solar energy to charge the vehicle, the cost would come down to zero. The battery life of the car is eight years, with no maintenance costs. The move makes it a very economical prospect,??? Jojo adds.
The solar panels, he says, generate about 30 units of power in a day and his car requires 25 units of electricity for a full charge. “It does not require me to charge the car daily for my commute to the city. The air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine, CCTVs, microwave and television all run on solar power. However, during monsoon or cloudy days, I use the electricity from the grid,??? he adds.
Akil Alex, the founder of Solar Kart, the company that installed the solar panels at Jojl?&???K^Z[??8?'H???[?[??[??]H
?]?[?H^K[??????]Z?[Y[???HX??] ? ?]?H^???[X??X?]KY?[??Y ?]????H?Y ??[?H???[?[??[??]H??????H??YH^K?^K??^[K
L ?]????H?[??HH[X??X?]H???HH?Y??]?H????YY?8???XZ?[???H?]?[?XKH????^?[?H??HYX?H??HZY??
???? M 
?[???[[Y?[??H?H???][]H??[?H???[X??X?]H?Y?H???HH?Y ?

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme