Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Mom-Son Duo Turn Ghar Ke Kulche into Booming Startup, Earn Lakhs #IndiaNEWS #Delhi Say ‘chole kulcha’ and most foodies will immediately think of spicy chickpeas, fluffy white bread in butter,

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Delhi #IndiaNEWS

Mom-Son Duo Turn Ghar Ke Kulche into Booming Startup, Earn Lakhs #IndiaNEWS #Delhi
Say ‘chole kulcha’ and most foodies will immediately think of spicy chickpeas, fluffy white bread in butter, and some pickle and onions. While most popular in Delhi and other Northern states, this beloved dish is slowly becoming sought-after in Central and Southern parts of the country as well.
So much so, that a Delhi-based startup has now taken it from the streets to the mainstream restaurant segment. Koolchas, a quick-service restaurant, has become popular among kulcha lovers, all thanks to 69-year-old Sunila Bahl, a homemaker who shared her recipes and secret ingredients with her son, Gaurav.
Architect to foodpreneur
“I am an architect by profession with a business management degree. I consider myself creative and try to explore opportunities,??? says 45-year-old Gaurav.
In 2016, the real estate industry started showing signs of slowing down, and this prompted him to search for lucrative alternatives. One of his friends suggested he enter the food industry. “Being a foodie, I loved the idea. But I did not want to copy any existing models in the market,??? he says.
Gaurav celebrating a Koolcha meal with family.
After some initial discussions with family members, he decided to sell hygienic and affordable chole kulcha.
“My mother has always been very passionate and eager to learn — at the age of 55, she took Bharatanatyam lessons! When she learned my business was in the food industry, she quickly picked up interest. She’s always been a fabulous cook and the family has followed and loved her recipes for the past 50 years. She took control of everything from the basic ingredients, perfecting the recipe to even the pricing,??? Gaurav says.
He adds that the recipes were finalised after carefully selecting a blend of ingredients, and regulating the amount of spice in the food. “For example, we both may eat paneer, but the amount of spiciness or preferred taste may differ. This level of detailing was also covered by my mother,??? he says.
Sunila was at the core of training the staff, developing recipes, grinding and blending the spices and maintaining the quality of ingredients. She ardently watched food channels to learn different recipes, and to perfect them. After two years of extensive research and preparation, in 2018, Koolchas started its services in Sushant Lok, Gurugram, offering 18 types of kulcha and 24 varieties of combination dishes.
Made with love
Paneer Jalfarezi Kooleeza
The entrepreneur says the dishes sold at the outlet follow the same recipe used at home. “We grind our spices the same way we do at home, which ensures freshness and no adulteration. Apart from enhancing the taste, there are no modifications in the food,??? Gaurav says.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme