Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Sherlock Holmes and the case of toxic masculinity: What lies behind the detective’s appeal? #IndiaNEWS Sherlock Holmes is the most famous detective of all time. Since he was imagined into creation

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Sherlock Holmes and the case of toxic masculinity: What lies behind the detective’s appeal? #IndiaNEWS
Sherlock Holmes is the most famous detective of all time. Since he was imagined into creation in 1892 by the young Scottish doctor Arthur Conan Doyle, there has been hardly a decade in which a play, television series, film or book about Sherlock Holmes has not been produced.In 2010, a fresh take on Sherlock Holmes burst onto British screens. This contemporary Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, inspired a whole new level of fandom and increased sales of the original books by 53%. People were especially taken with Cumberbatch’s flirty sex appeal. Hot on his heels came an American version, Elementary, in 2012.In both adaptations, Sherlock’s brilliance and skills of deduction are unmatched. While I really enjoyed these shows, I was taken aback by Sherlock’s rudeness, exasperation, his disparagement of others, his desire to dominate and his latent violence. I saw Sherlock as a toxic man. Not knowing the books, I wondered where this came from, so I began reading them.Male Victorian powerIn one of the early stories, A Scandal in Bohemia, Doyle describes Holmep?&???X?]?H???Y[??[[[?[????)?H??HX???[????? ?X??H?]YZ?X?H?[[??YZ[? ?H??HZ?H] H[????X??X??[??[?????[??XX?[?H]H????Y[???)?HH?]?????H?H?????[???]?H?] ????XY[?H

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme