Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: If I were PM for one day, I would ban burqa hijab (Ld) #IndiaNEWS #Human Interest By Archana SharmaJaipur, Oct 21 | Reshma Khan, the Programme Head at the All India Radio-Akashvani, represents the

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Human #IndiaNEWS

If I were PM for one day, I would ban burqa hijab (Ld) #IndiaNEWS #Human Interest
By Archana SharmaJaipur, Oct 21 | Reshma Khan, the Programme Head at the All India Radio-Akashvani, represents the voice of progressive women in India who are fearless and intelligent, witty yet sensitive and aims at climbing the ladders of progress and promotion while following the values taught by her parents.
Khan, coming down from a line of highly motivated progressive women, who hunted along with their husband beside raising 10 kids, and a mother who was an NCC cadet, has made a mark in broadcasting with her diction, voice, clear punctuation, language fluency, sense of honour and control of voice pitches.
For the past 33 years, she has interviewed many legends and has watched the lives of renowned personalities from close proximity and spoken about their lifestyles from varied perspective.
However, what has been a constant thorn right at the centre of her heart is watching women walking down streets wearing burqa and hijab, especially even in scorching summer.
If I were anointed the PM for a day, I would put a ban on burqa and hijab for women in the country, she said, adding During my posting in Sawai Madhopur, I used to see women draped in burqa walking with four kids in scorching heat with their husband.
It was disgusting to look at their plight as her shameless husband walked along with her with all the unwanted and unnecessary pride. I always used to think if I can ban the burqa for these women, she says.
Reshma was brought up in Ajmer in a liberal and forward looking family where there was no gender bias and everybody was taught to respect each other following the principles of humanity.
Convent educated Khan, who later joined AIR, said: Today, it seems we are going back to social taboos talking too much of girls and boys. Too much gender is being discussed here. Also, caste issue is one thing which has come around too strong with reservation becoming a hot topic to discuss.
Till stir over the Mandal Commission issue in 1992, we never knew who was who in terms of caste and religion, but now it is too evident and right in our face which is not good, said Khan.
In fact, I have been teaching my two daughters to be good human beings. The caste bias a few years back was limited to India-Pakistan cricket matches and veg and non-veg difference, however, now the split is open wide, she added.
Reshma questions why couldnt Muslim brethren study the same way when all others across castes and religion are educated and step ahead. Why are they not coming out of the clutches of Madarsas, she said.
I have been raised in a family where I have become fearless and confident. East or West-Reshma is the best-I say to myself, as I am not scared of anyone no matter who is standing in front of me.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme