Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Jenna Ortega in talks to star in Tim Burtons Beetlejuice 2 #IndiaNEWS #Entertainment Los Angeles, March 10 (IANS) Actress Jenna Ortega is eyeing a role in Tim Burtons Beetlejuice 2, Variety has confirmed.

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Entertainment

Jenna Ortega in talks to star in Tim Burtons Beetlejuice 2 #IndiaNEWS #Entertainment
Los Angeles, March 10 (IANS) Actress Jenna Ortega is eyeing a role in Tim Burtons Beetlejuice 2, Variety has confirmed.
Ortega, best known for her role as Wednesday Addams in Netflixs recent series reboot Wednesday, is in talks to play the daughter of Lydia Deetz, portrayed by Winona Ryder in the original film.
This marks her second time working with Burton, who was an executive producer on Wednesday and directed four of its eight episodes. Michael Keaton is also set to reprise his role as the title character.
The sequel has been in the works at Warner Bros. for some time before Brad Pitts production company Plan B officially boarded it in February of last year. The original Beetlejuice centres on Charles (Jeffrey Jones), Delia (Catherine OHara) and Lydia Deetz (Ryder), who inhabit a home previously occupied by the Maitlands (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis).
The Maitlands died in a car accident, but their ghost selves want to re-inhabit their former house, recruiting Beetlejuice (Keaton), a bio-exorcist, to scare away the Deetzes.
Met with critical acclaim, Beetlejuice grossed million in North America on a million budget. Varietys 1987 review praised Keatons performance, saying: Keaton pops up from his grave to liven things up when the antics pitting the good ghosts against the intruders become a trite cat & mouse game.
Talks of a sequel surfaced in 2013, when Keaton confirmed that he and Burton were talking about doing a sequel.
Burton said in 2014 that he missed the character of Beetlejuice, saying, Theres only one Beetlejuice, and thats Michael. There is a script, and I would love to work with him again. I think there is now a better chance than ever I miss that character. Theres something thats cathartic and amazing about it. I think its closer than ever.
Ryder re-confirmed that the film was in the works on a Late Night With Seth Meyers appearance in 2015.
IANS
dc/svn/

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme