Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: JCB Jury interview: ‘All these books are going to change conversations for better or worse’ #IndiaNEWS The 2020 longlist for India’s richest literary prize, the JCB Prize for Literature, was

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

JCB Jury interview: ‘All these books are going to change conversations for better or worse’ #IndiaNEWS
The 2020 longlist for India’s richest literary prize, the JCB Prize for Literature, was announced on September 1. This year’s jury – chaired by Tejaswini Niranjana, and joined by Aruni Kashyap, Ramu Ramanathan, and Deepika Sorabjee – chose six women writers, four debuts, and two translations to make the cut for the ten-title list. The shortlist will be announced on September 25, and the winner, on November 7.Shortly after the announcement, Niranjana and Kashyap spoke to Scroll.in about judging a prize during a pandemic, the Indian publishing landscape, and “separating the wheat from the chaff???. Excerpts from the conversation:Can you comment on the challenges you faced and the rewards you gained during the process of reading and judging these books?Aruni Kashyap: I think the biggest challenge for all of us was the pandemic. Due to the lockdown, the jury members did not get physical copies of the books. This was a considerable challenge – especially for me – to read because, anyway, due to the pandemic, we were spending a lot of time on the screen, meetings, teaching on screen, even grading (for me) on screen. Two of the jury members are working professors in two different universities. Our screen time increased exponentially, which meant...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme