Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Game On: What’s the way forward for VR, AR, MR, and XR? #IndiaNEWS #Columns Hyderabad: The last fortnight has ushered in grim news for enthusiasts of augmented and virtual reality with Microsoft

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Columns

Game On: What’s the way forward for VR, AR, MR, and XR? #IndiaNEWS #Columns
Hyderabad: The last fortnight has ushered in grim news for enthusiasts of augmented and virtual reality with Microsoft shuttering its Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK) team and the lower-than-expected pre-orders for Sony’s PSVR2.
These developments have caused several observers of the gaming industry to wonder if the ‘upcoming’ financial crisis will prevent platforms and technologies that enable augmented, mixed, virtual, and extended realities from realizing their potentials.
While on the surface both developments seem to adversely affect the gaming industry the most, it is important to mention that most new applications leveraging the benefits of AR, MR, VR or even XR for that matter were targeting domains like e-commerce, design and development, and medical care.
Microsoft’s lay off decision then, seems difficult to comprehend considering that research and development of this kind has always required belief and commitment for extended periods of time.
If you have ever witnessed a device like the HoloLens, you cannot help but imagine its many possible offerings in extreme conditions, emergencies, or natural disasters.
Even in the mundanity of everyday life, these digitally enabled realities offer interesting new ways to engage with the things around us.
For example, at times when I need exact measurements on the go, reaching out for the AR ruler app on my phone seems like second nature, and as a player I am yet to find a game experience that immerses me to the same degree that Moss does on the PSVR.
From a gaming standpoint, one needs to look no further than the revolutionary ‘live experience’ that a game like 2020’s Flight Simulator offers to understand how benefits from Microsoft’s mixed reality initiatives like HoloTour were essential in completing the simulation.
Microsoft’s experiments with mixed reality gave it the necessary edge to compete in a world where Sony’s dominance of the first party title had nearly homogenized the global gaming experience.
At a time when I usually scratched my head to distinguish between Niantic’s Ingress, Pokémon Go, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and 2020?&???H[ U??H[?^???YX?H???[??]ZX???????Z[?????XZ?H[? ??]??H[YHZX????X?]Z?YH?]??[Z[???Y[????[???KH?[]??[[?H?X????[???H?H??]?H??[??]?^KH??Y??H?[???[???H??[?H]???[??X?HT? ?[[?
[?X?H ? ??H?X?]Z?HX?]????^????[????[?H?X????H????????Y??[??]?Z^Y?X[]H]??[????H???X???????H?X???????&???^?[??HY]]???H[?[?[[?[???[?[??X[?[??]?[?[?X[H?H?]?[???X??Y?????[??[Y[??

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme