Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Covid-19 has driven up rural women’s workforce participation, but in precarious jobs #IndiaNEWS Kiran Devi, who lives on the outskirts of Dehradun, started working as a domestic help in October 2020.

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Covid-19 has driven up rural women’s workforce participation, but in precarious jobs #IndiaNEWS
Kiran Devi, who lives on the outskirts of Dehradun, started working as a domestic help in October 2020. “I had to begin working since my husband wasn’t getting work and we had no savings left,??? the 29-year-old mother of two told IndiaSpend. The money the family had saved was spent on food rations and on cellphone internet recharges for the children’s online classes as in-person school was shut because of the Covid-19 pandemic. “I asked my husband if I could work and he allowed me to. I earn Rs 2,500 from each of the two houses I work at.??? Kiran’s husband, 36-year-old Khushiram, a daily wage labourer, found work in February 2021, “Before that we survived only on my income,??? said Kiran. In September 2020, Kiran said she was getting a better job, cleaning the premises of a non-profit that paid Rs 7,500. “I wanted that one but my husband said this is better because I could go in the morning and evening, two hours each. I would have the rest of the time for cooking and cleaning my home.???The latest labour force data for India from 2020-21 show that labour force participation by women (usual status, +15 years) at 32.5%, is at its...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme