Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Berklee Indian Ensemble releases debut album Shuruaat #IndiaNEWS #Cinema/Showbiz,Cine-Special,TV/OTT Mumbai, July 15 (IANS) Global music collective Berklee Indian Ensemble has released its debut album

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Cinema

Berklee Indian Ensemble releases debut album Shuruaat #IndiaNEWS #Cinema /Showbiz,Cine-Special,TV/OTT
Mumbai, July 15 (IANS) Global music collective Berklee Indian Ensemble has released its debut album Shuruaat, marking their first decade together.
Berklee Indian Ensemble is known for a cross pollination of genres, cultures and multidisciplinary art forms. This will be the first time that the Ensembles music will be available via streaming services worldwide.
The 10-track stand-out compilation features a total of 98 musicians from 39 countries, and also highlights the pinnacle of Indian artistry, including Grammy-winning tabla maestro Zakir Hussain, virtuosic composer-singer Shankar Mahadevan, Oscar and Grammy winning Kannada vocalist Vijay Prakash and one of Bollywoods finest playback singers, Shreya Ghoshal.
Every track is laced with Ensembles diverse musical influences including jazz, progressive rock, Indian classical, Sufi and Middle Eastern flavours.
Berklee Indian Ensemble Founder/Director Annette Philip commented on the occasion, Shuruaat (meaning new beginning in Hindi) showcases our journey thus far and the one were about to embark on. Our audience has been begging for this music to be available on streaming platforms for a decade.
Continuing further, she spoke about how the album showcases the ensembles diversity, saying, It is fitting that our debut album gives a glimpse into the global family of musicians who have been part of the Ensemble since 2011, alongside historic collaborations with many of our musical heroes.
The 10 tracks on Shuruaat showcase the depth and breadth of our 10-year journey with original music, tributes to Shakti and Remember Shakti, as well as signature Berklee Indian Ensemble reinterpretations of Indian film music.
In addition to the much-admired Indian musicians, alumni and students from Berklee College of Music, Shuruaat boasts collaborations with contemporary-classical duo, Shadow and Light, and features two Shakti tributes, as well as four original compositions.
Going down the memory lane, Shreya Ghoshal, who has worked on the track Sundari Pennae for the album, said in a statement, I have so many memories of my Berklee residency! Just visiting Berklee is a life-changing experience for any musician, for anybody who loves music.
We performed so many songs together, but we had such a blast with Sundari Pennae that we decided to record and share it with everyone who missed the live concert. The composer, D. Imman, loved the new arrangement too.
I remember it was the only song of the concert in 5/8 (time signature). Those fives gave me nightmares, but the song was so beautifully rearranged. I felt so honoured and happy that these wonderful Berklee Indian Ensemble musicians were playing and acknowledging this song of mine.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme