Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: These Women Are Using Their Grandmas Old Diaries To Build a 100% Natural Skincare Brand #IndiaNEWS #Small Businesses of India They say, Grandma knows best and Delhi-based entrepreneur Noor Arora couldnt

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Small

These Women Are Using Their Grandmas Old Diaries To Build a 100% Natural Skincare Brand #IndiaNEWS #Small Businesses of India
They say, Grandma knows best and Delhi-based entrepreneur Noor Arora couldnt agree more. Her family members had been going back to her great grandmother’s (Amma Ji) home remedies for years.
Anytime someone had any skin or hair issues, it was instinctive to refer to Amma Jis notes. More so because Amma Ji was a naturopath who had travelled across the country learning about natural remedies from experts.
“I had come back to Delhi after finishing my studies in the US. But the pollution and humidity made my skin break out. This was when I referred to Amma Jis diaries for skin remedies. I made a concentrate of cloves and a few other ingredients and applied it on my skin. Within hours, I could see my skin improving,??? recalls the 28-year-old.
Natural, Plant-based, and Vegan
Nani with Amma Ji
With her mother, Geeti Arora, and her maternal aunt, Mani Khurana, Noor used Amma Jis nuskhe (remedies) for years. The trio began to discuss how these natural remedies were effective but seldom available in the market. At the same time, their friends and relatives often requested them to make small batches after seeing the brilliant results.
“Slowly, the batches got bigger. And once we devised a way to preserve our concentrates naturally, the next step was making it available for everyone,??? smiles Noor.
This led to the birth of First Water Solutions, a herbal skincare brand that uses 100 per cent natural and plant-based ingredients. The products are also not tested on animals, making them vegan.
Founded on 5 August 2017, the natural skincare brand is free from parabens and formaldehyde and also stays away from ingredients like alcohol, petroleum, and silicone which are generally not considered carcinogenic. Noor goes on to explain that just because some ingredients are not considered bad for your skin, they are not necessarily good for you.
Cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil made using ingredients sourced from Kerala
“Silicones used in a lot of skincare products tend to make your skin feel smooth. But, they are difficult to wash off from your face. This results in microbes and other germs getting lodged between layers of application, leading to skin breakouts,??? explains Noor.
First Water Solutions has about 56 skincare, haircare, and personal care products made from 128+ natural ingredients, sourced from over 100 farmers across the country. Currently, they have a registered customer base of over 30,000, which includes buyers from Bhutan and Brazil!
Discovering Amma Ji’s Diaries
Noor graduated in 2014 with a degree in industrial design from the Parson School of Design from New York. Incorporating sustainability in her designs was a major theme for her, and she even received a Graduate Award for her eco-friendly practices.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme