Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘Hungry Humans’: The myth of personal choice in lives shaped by chance and deliberate ways of people #IndiaNEWS I found Karichan Kunju’s Hungry Humans to be heartbreakingly deceptive. Perhaps

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

‘Hungry Humans’: The myth of personal choice in lives shaped by chance and deliberate ways of people #IndiaNEWS
I found Karichan Kunju’s Hungry Humans to be heartbreakingly deceptive. Perhaps it was the numbness that washed all over me as I read it. Or maybe it was shock, or acceptance, a quiet passivity that was anything but apathy. Reading Hungry Humans makes the reader numb with the weight of society’s turbulent irrationalities, that seep through every crack in your skin, and control you incomprehensibly. In alternately tracing the lightly entwined lives of its two protagonists, Ganesan and Kitta, who hail from the same heavily Brahminical village of Kumbakonam, the book teaches you that personal choices are a myth, and it is either cruel chance or the deliberate ways of people that shape your life, your thoughts, and your actions.The book presents itself to you placidly. It doesn’t flash you with exciting promises and it doesn’t tug at your hand with airs of impatience. On the contrary, its very first sentence – “Ganesan was lost in contemplation??? – leads you in quietly, almost as if to not disturb Ganesan, to tiptoe around his presence, and watch him carefully as he watches the houses and chatrams standing timelessly along the southern bank of the river that runs through Kumbakonam. Warm familiarity fills him, but Ganesan is passive...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme