Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘I had nothing to lose’: Spinner Piyush Chawla on dismissing Sachin Tendulkar as a 16-year-old #IndiaNEWS World Cup-winner Piyush Chawla attributed his relaxed attitude in the Challenger Trophy

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

‘I had nothing to lose’: Spinner Piyush Chawla on dismissing Sachin Tendulkar as a 16-year-old #IndiaNEWS
World Cup-winner Piyush Chawla attributed his relaxed attitude in the Challenger Trophy 2005 final as the reason behind bamboozling batting legend Sachin Tendulkar.The leg-spinner was just 16 at the time and Tendulkar, playing for India Seniors, was looking in good touch. Chawla, playing for India B, breached through the defence of Tendulkar with a terrific googly, subsequently thrusting him into the limelight for the first time. A year later, the Aligarh-born tweaker made his debut for India aged just 17. Despite getting off to an impressive start, Chawla has gone on to play for India in just 25 ODIs and 7 T20Is, along with three Tests. Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, and later, Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal establishing themselves as India’s go-to spin options meant that Chawla’s opportunities at the international level has been limited.“...As a 15-16 year old, when you are going to bowl at Sachin paaji, only two things are possible: you are either very nervous or very relaxed,??? Chawla said during the chat show Homerun with AV with sports commentator Arun Venugopal on his YouTube channel Gethist Creative. “Luckily I was relaxed. The reason behind that was my thinking that even if Sachin paaji hits me, how does that matter? “If a man, who has taken...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme