Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Mysuru Woman Grows 100+ Crops Using Different Organic Fertilisers, Earns Lakhs #IndiaNEWS #Organic Farming I remember the first time I tried to grow something. Sitting on the floor with a newspaper

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS #Organic

Mysuru Woman Grows 100+ Crops Using Different Organic Fertilisers, Earns Lakhs #IndiaNEWS #Organic Farming
I remember the first time I tried to grow something. Sitting on the floor with a newspaper laid out, on top of which lay fresh soil. Touching the moist soil with my bare hands was therapeutic, calming my mind and soul.
Saniha Harish experienced the joy of gardening when she was only 14.
“I was visiting my grandfather, a farmer, and I asked him how he practiced farming. He then told me that my generation was not resilient enough to practice farming. But, once he said that, I took it up as a challenge,� smiles the 25-year-old.
Saniha Harish is a 25-year-old commercial farmer from Mysuru
Fueled by her will, Saniha got two pots and planted them with chillies and tomatoes. She would collect her kitchen waste, grind it in the mixer, and use a diluted portion as manure for her plants.
“When I saw the first few tomatoes and chillies, I was so happy. This motivated me to explore the world of farming,� recalls Saniha.
For the past five years, the 25-year-old has been growing about 100+ different crops on 11 acres of land. Her crop also includes mushrooms, which can be grown in 45 days, earning profits of Rs 40,000. She uses different organic fertilisers that have also helped her increase productivity.
Through her farming practice, Saniha earns a yearly profit of almost Rs 10 lakh! Additionally, she has a 1,500 sq ft terrace garden where she grows 60+ vegetables, fruits, and herbs!
The young farmer shares the different fertilisers used in her organic practice and how farming is her one true passion!
Acquiring the right skills
Fresh cucumbers from her farm
Once Saniha finished school, she was sure about doing something in agriculture. For this, she pursued a BSc degree from JSS College in Mysuru. Here, she took up a bunch of courses on agricultural topics like hydroponics, apiculture, and vermicompost, among others. She also signed up for independent short term courses where she learnt how to practice mushroom farming.
So far, she has completed over 30 of these courses that helped build her expertise.
After completing college five years ago, she decided to make use of her father’s agricultural land, which was lying unused. “My father was growing some coconuts there. Since he was an engineer, he was busy and couldn’t take up farming actively, I took control,� she says.
On 11 acres of land, Saniha now grows 100+ crops like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cocoa, vanilla, beans, corn, ginger, cabbage, cauliflower. Because the land is vast, she has installed specific irrigation systems (sprinklers) for different crops.
Fresh lemons from the farm
For example, for ginger, she’s used plastic jets that can sprinkle water up to five feet, while Dolphin jets have been used to water corn and have a capacity of 25 feet.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme