Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: UPSC Prelims Coming Up: 2 IAS Officers Share the Best Way to Utilise Your Time #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants I would have been very happy if I had managed to get some more time to prepare for the CSE,�

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

UPSC Prelims Coming Up: 2 IAS Officers Share the Best Way to Utilise Your Time #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
I would have been very happy if I had managed to get some more time to prepare for the CSE,� says Surabhi Gautam, All India Rank (AIR) 50 in the 2016 examination, speaking about utilising this lockdown period for the upcoming UPSC prelims 2020 (October 4).
Divya S Iyer who secured an AIR of 48 in the 2014 examination agrees. “If one were to look at this period in isolation from everything happening around us, it is a blessing in disguise for aspirants. There are very few distractions around, hence all time and energy can be channelised towards preparing well,� she says.
In this conversation with The Better India, Surabhi Gautam and Divya Iyer, share some tips that aspirants can utilise in these last two months leading to the CSE exam.
Work on Improving Optional
“Use this time to work a little more on your optional paper,� says Surabhi. Those who already have a job or are in the service but want to appear again to improve their rank should treat this period as a golden opportunity, to work harder on their optional subject.
Improving your hold over the optional paper can push your overall score higher and help you achieve a better ranking, says Surabhi. “There isn’t much news that one can consume now, given that most of it is COVID-19-centric. So work on your optional instead,� she reiterates.
“Explore the length and breadth of the optional paper you opt for during this waiting time for Prelims 2020,� says Surabhi.
Adding to this, Divya says, “Do note that there might not be adequate time between the prelims and the mains, so utilise this time to prepare for the optional paper as well. While the recipe for success might not be the same for all, some of the ingredients we need to make it a success are the same – work hard and consistently so. �
Form a Study Group
Divya Iyer: The waiting time leading upto the UPSC Prelims 2020 is a golden opportunity
Speaking from experience, Divya says, “During my preparation period I used to have a group of friends who were also preparing for the exam with me digitally. We would set targets for each day, share relevant articles, and lessons which would aid in the process of study during the day. � What they also did at the end of each day was to discuss and deliberate on all that each of them had learnt.
In a way, the group became accountable to each other. “It helped that we had a group to fall back on. �
Manage Time Leading Upto Prelims 2020
One of the things that Surabhi urges aspirants to do is carve out some time for themselves amidst all the studying and revisions. She says, “Look at it this way – perhaps in your Detailed Application Form (DAF) you mentioned sketching as a hobby.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme