Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘Happy Stories, Mostly’ is in fact a collection of melancholy stories about people who do bad things #IndiaNEWS They are not happy stories.Not one of them. They’re stories that insist on melancholy

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

‘Happy Stories, Mostly’ is in fact a collection of melancholy stories about people who do bad things #IndiaNEWS
They are not happy stories.Not one of them. They’re stories that insist on melancholy and exploring grief and some of them were so heartbreaking they made me not only catch my breath but also stop eavesdropping on the couple at the next table (for scale, the date was not going well).When you go to your therapist – or my second-year roommate – and tell her (It’s usually a her, sorry. Maybe a they if you’re lucky.) that you’re a terrible person, chances are 9/10 that she/they will tell you that you’re not a terrible person, you’re just a regular person who does terrible things on occasion, just like everyone else. People who do bad thingsMe being the kind of person who needs therapy, I’ve never fully believed that – what is a terrible person, then, if not one who chooses to do things that are terrible? - but Happy Stories, Mostly makes a strong case. The saddest stories – the ones which stood out the most to me, me being the kind of person who also needs antidepressants – often centre people who really, truly screwed up. Not in that milquetoast oh-i-should-have-known-somehow-and-been-there-for-them kind of way. I mean, they really actually did significant damage to significantly innocent people. Guilt...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme