Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: The India Fix: Why the BJP has an edge over the Samajwadi Party in UP – despite its poor performance #IndiaNEWS Welcome to The India Fix, a newsletter on Indian politics. To get it in your inbox

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

The India Fix: Why the BJP has an edge over the Samajwadi Party in UP – despite its poor performance #IndiaNEWS
Welcome to The India Fix, a newsletter on Indian politics. To get it in your inbox every Monday, sign up here. Since Shoaib Daniyal is away this week, today’s newsletter is by Arunabh Saikia. If you have feedback – good or bad – shoot it over to arunabh@scroll.in. Five years after it elected the Bharatiya Janata Party with an unparalleled majority, Uttar Pradesh is all set to vote next month. The Assembly election will not only determine the fate of the Adityanath government, but also set the tone for the 2024 Lok Sabha polls.For the last six months, I have been travelling across the state, attempting the most perilous of journalistic exercises: gauging the mood of the voter. Since November, I have narrowed down the focus to five districts where electoral success had historically eluded the BJP, barring a brief spell of popularity during the Ram Janambhoomi movement in the ‘90s, and yet in the 2017 election, the party went on to decisively sweep away the opposition. My aim has been to probe whether, in the past five years, the party has further consolidated its gains in these districts – or the euphoria has started to wear off. While I plan to track these five districts all the way till voting...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme