Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: IIT Kharagpur 2022 calendar on ancient India is an exercise in propaganda – not rigorous research #IndiaNEWS A calendar showed up on my WhatsApp feed recently. It has been conceptualised and researched

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

IIT Kharagpur 2022 calendar on ancient India is an exercise in propaganda – not rigorous research #IndiaNEWS
A calendar showed up on my WhatsApp feed recently. It has been conceptualised and researched by an official at the newly formed Centre for Excellence for Indian Knowledge Systems at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. The calendar made the focus of the centre very clear: to establish the supremacy of a supposed ancient native Hindu civilisation in India and to debunk the well-known theories of Aryan invasion and migration into the subcontinent.The calendar aims to show that Hinduism is the product of an indigenous civilisation of India (the Dravidian civilisation) and was not brought to the subcontinent by an invasion or migration of foreign tribes (known as the Aryans) from Iran and Central Asia.To me, this represents the final nail in the coffin of Indian scientific and rational thinking. That such a calendar could come from one of the Indian Institutes of Technology was unbelievable. Let me explain what is wrong with this.An established conclusionFirst, let us look at the cover page.This looks innocuous enough. What’s wrong in exploring and researching ancient Hindu philosophy and thought? It is part of our culture, after all.What is wrong is that the whole goal of the Indian Knowledge System centre at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, is defined...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme