Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Extortion cases: Former police chief Param Bir Singh arrives in Mumbai to join investigation #IndiaNEWS Former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh on Thursday arrived in Mumbai to join the investigation

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Extortion cases: Former police chief Param Bir Singh arrives in Mumbai to join investigation #IndiaNEWS
Former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh on Thursday arrived in Mumbai to join the investigation into the extortion cases against him, reported India Today. Singh told India Today that he has faith in the judiciary. “Yes, I’m here to join the investigation as per the directions by the Supreme Court,??? he said. “I don’t want to speak about anything [right now]. I’ll speak in court now.???The former police chief is facing several extortion cases in Maharashtra and had been absconding. On November 17, a magistrate’s court in Mumbai had declared the former Mumbai Police chief a “proclaimed offender???.According to Section 82 of the Criminal Procedure Code, proclaimed offenders are accused persons who have a warrant against them and are absconding. Under the section, the court can issue a notice to proclaimed offenders to appear within 30 days.On Wednesday, Singh had said that he was in Chandigarh and would soon visit Mumbai, reported PTI. Asked if he would surrender before the police or the court, Singh had said he was yet to decide on his next course of action.Singh arrived in Mumbai only after the Supreme Court had on Monday granted him interim protection from arrest but asked him join the investigations in the cases against him. The court on November 18 had refused...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme