Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Internet or Newspapers? UPSC Topper Ria Dabi Shares Current Affairs Prep Strategy for CSE #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced the Civil Service Examination

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

Internet or Newspapers? UPSC Topper Ria Dabi Shares Current Affairs Prep Strategy for CSE #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced the Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2020 results and a total of 761 candidates – 545 men and 216 women who have cleared the examination. Ria Dabi, 23, was one among those who cleared and has secured an All India Rank (AIR) of 15 in the examination.
A student of Convent of Jesus and Mary in Delhi, Ria went on to pursue her graduation in political science from Lady Shri Ram College of Delhi University. Having graduated in 2019, she says that she started her CSE preparation soon thereafter. Speaking to The Better India, she says, “I always knew I wanted to attempt the CSE. Having witnessed my older sister (Tina Dabi) clear the exam and top it, has been an inspiration for me. ???
She continues, “I knew what kind of rigour this examination required and while there were some tough days, I kept drawing support from my family to continue studying and preparing. ??? She adds that her consistency is what led her to ace the examination and urges other aspirants to follow a very consistent study schedule throughout their preparatory journey.
Ria shares some of the techniques that worked for her while preparing for current affairs:
Ria Dabi
“Throughout my preparatory journey I stuck to reading two newspapers for current affairs primarily. These were The Hindu and The Indian Express. I did not look up content on the internet much only because I am more comfortable with having a physical copy of the resource material in front of me,??? she says. She also adds that as additional material one could also refer to the current affairs magazines that are released by various coaching institutes.
“These current affairs magazines are also comprehensive and give an aspirant enough material to prepare,??? she adds. Aspirants must be diligent in their preparation and following a schedule while studying is very important. Sharing her own routine, Ria says, “I started the day by reading the newspaper. I thought it important to start my day with having an understanding of what was happening around me. It would take me close to 1. 5 hours to read through the entire newspaper each morning,??? she says.
Speaking about how she went about reading the newspaper, she says, “I would first look at the papers, cover-to-cover, to make sure I had an idea of everything mentioned. I then started reading in-depth and would usually leave out the business and sports section, both of which are not very widely asked topics in the UPSC CSE. Pay attention to the editorial as this offers great material while writing the essay answers at a later stage. ???
In order to recollect all that one reads in the newspaper, Ria shares a tip that worked for her.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme