Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Donations Helped Him Study Abroad, Now Nri Does the Same for Lakhs in India #IndiaNEWS #Lede In 2020,1 lakh people from the poorest sections of India received health, education, and monetary support

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Donations Helped Him Study Abroad, Now Nri Does the Same for Lakhs in India #IndiaNEWS #Lede
In 2020,1 lakh people from the poorest sections of India received health, education, and monetary support from a USA-based organisation. These people were able to access free medical support, saw their children enrolled in formal education, and received training to sustain themselves financially.
Interestingly, this impact is the ripple effect of a journey that began in India. It’s the journey of Syed Hussaini, who left Hyderabad in pursuit of education, and would go on to help others in his home country in the future.
From India to Texas, and back
Syed completed his graduation in engineering in 1972. But due to a dearth of relevant jobs in the city, he could not find employment. He saw an opportunity in the west and decided to head there for higher education. After completing his Masters, he settled down in Dallas, for employment still evaded him back home.
“But I knew the pains of poverty. I had lived without money myself. Back then, the Nizam’s Charitable Trust gave me money as a scholarship, which funded my plane ticket. That’s how I made it. Otherwise, it can be very difficult to make something of yourself if you dont have money and resources,??? he tells The Better India.
From there, he went on to work in the corporate world for the next 26 years until he retired in 2007 at the age of 60. “Now I had the time to go ahead with this initiative,??? he says.
An illustrious career that spanned over two decades might not have been possible if Syed had not received monetary help. This thought remained in his mind. “Many intelligent people in India don’t get a chance to go to school due to financial constraints,??? he notes. He adds that he saw the poorest of the Indian society get caught in vicious debt cycles to fulfil basic fundamental needs of shelter, food and medication.
To offer support to such students so they could live up to their potential, he founded Support for Educational and Economic Development (SEED) USA in 2009, along with like-minded volunteers. The organisation was registered with the US government and began collecting donations from willing people. As Syed puts it, “All this impact has been facilitated by the community, I am merely a medium. ???
Running as a charitable trust, this organisation ropes in the Indian community settled in the west, along with other willing people to contribute to bettering the lives of students back in India.
Hussaini shares that a myriad of programmes are currently being undertaken by the organisation. He says, “Our objective has been to help the poor go to school, enabling them to earn a livelihood. ???
His aim remains to ensure the most basic needs of people are taken care of and the youth can complete their education in order to go on and build dignified lives for themselves and their progeny.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme