Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: College Reunion Inspires Farming Startup, Duo Grow 70kg Soilless Veggies Per Month #IndiaNEWS #Agriculture My husband and I were looking to eat food that was lighter on the stomach and salads seemed

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Agriculture #IndiaNEWS

College Reunion Inspires Farming Startup, Duo Grow 70kg Soilless Veggies Per Month #IndiaNEWS #Agriculture
My husband and I were looking to eat food that was lighter on the stomach and salads seemed like a great choice,??? Sindu Pandalai tells The Better India. She adds that she decided to shift to healthy eating because she was getting old.
She goes on, “However, the salad leaves that we got in the market were usually limp and without any texture or flavour. What I missed in my salad leaves was the crunch and no matter how much we looked, we were not able to find that. ??? Instead of lamenting about it, she decided to dive deep and find ways of growing her own salad leaves. Little did she think that a personal quest to find the right salad leaves would gently nudge her into entrepreneurship.
Why Hydroponics?
Doorstep delivery
Sindu explains, “Soil is nothing but a medium to hold the plant. The kind of soil a plant grows in determines how good the produce is. Given the kind of soil contamination we are seeing, your guess is as good as mine with regards to how good the produce will be. With hydroponics, the environment it is growing in is completely monitored and there is no scope of any contamination. Also, there is no soil used in this process. ???
The water that is used to grow the plants is nutrient rich and is recycled back into the plants constantly. There is also zero water wastage since there is recycling of water until an entire growth cycle is completed. “In using hydroponics to grow your food, the idea is to try and get the produce to the customer within four hours of harvest, while in soil-grown produce, one can never say when it was harvested and how long after that it reaches your home,??? says Sindu.
Besides being absolutely fresh Sindu also adds that the longevity of these salad leaves in the fridge is also something that is an added bonus. “With just my husband and I at home, buying a bunch of leaves and putting them into the fridge meant they would wilt away rather soon. In the case of hydroponic-produced salad leaves, I can leave them in the fridge for longer without fear of them rotting. This produce I can safely keep in the fridge for up to three days and the leaves still retain a crunch. ???
“Other than growing trees, pretty much everything else can be grown via this method of hydroponics,??? says Sindu. Ginger, turmeric, peppers, strawberries, mint, coriander, spinach, cherry tomato, and English cucumber are some examples of what can be grown using hydroponics.
Start of Vertical Gardens
What would you pick?
While an idea was brewing within Sindu, it was a college reunion that gave the idea its shape and form. She says, “Amarjeet Pardhi (Amar) and I have been friends for long and his interest in growing his own food was far more well-researched than mine at that point.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme