Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: US Open, day 3 women’s wrap: Stephens downs Gauff, Muguruza and Azarenka set up third-round clash #IndiaNEWS Defending champion Naomi Osaka advanced to the third round of the US Open by walkover

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

US Open, day 3 women’s wrap: Stephens downs Gauff, Muguruza and Azarenka set up third-round clash #IndiaNEWS
Defending champion Naomi Osaka advanced to the third round of the US Open by walkover while 2017 champion Sloane Stephens put up a masterclass to beat Coco Gauff in the second round on Wednesday on the rain-hit third day.Osaka reached the third round when 20-year-old Serbian qualifier Olga Danilovic withdrew due to illness. “I have been feeling unwell these past few days dealing with a non-covid related viral ilness,??? Danilovic posted on social media.Osaka, seeking her fifth Grand Slam title and third US Open crown in four years, next faces Canada’s 73rd-ranked Leylah Fernandez. The 23-year-old Japanese third seed could could become the first repeat US Open winner since Serena Williams, absent with a torn hamstring, captured her third in a row in 2014.Sloane Stephens, the 2017 US Open winner who could meet Osaka in the fourth round, beat 21st seed Gauff 6-4, 6-2 in an all-American showdown. “I’m really pleased with how I played,??? Stephens said. Two-time Grand Slam winners Victoria Azarenka and Garbine Muguruza booked a third-round showdown.Spanish ninth seed Muguruza, the 2016 French Open and 2017 Wimbledon winner, beat Andrea Petkovic 6-4, 6-2, taking her first win in four tries against the German. She will next face two-time Australian Open champion and...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme