Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Tokyo 2020: Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge underlines his status as marathon king with second straight gold #IndiaNEWS Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge underlined his credentials as the undisputed king of the marathon

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Tokyo 2020: Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge underlines his status as marathon king with second straight gold #IndiaNEWS
Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge underlined his credentials as the undisputed king of the marathon with a totally dominant run to retain his Olympic title on the streets of Sapporo on Sunday.The world record holder clocked 2hr 08min 38sec to win gold, becoming only the third man to win consecutive marathon titles.Abdi Nageeye of the Netherlands claimed silver in 2:09.58, just ahead of Belgium’s Bashir Abdi in the final event of the athletics programme at the Tokyo Games.Kipchoge’s victory margin of 1min 20sec was the biggest since Frank Shorter’s win in the 1972 Munich Games. The 36-year-old’s triumph, his 13th win in the 15 marathons he has raced since 2013, came a day after teammate Peres Jepchirchir secured back-to-back women’s Olympic marathon titles for Kenya’s women.“I think I have fulfilled the legacy by winning the marathon for the second time, back-to-back. I hope now to help inspire the next generation,??? Kipchoge said.“It means a lot for me, especially at this time,??? he added of winning his second gold medal.“It was really hard last year, it (Olympic Games) was postponed. I am happy for the local organising committee who made this race happen. It is a sign that shows the world we are heading in the right direction –...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme