Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: I Left Coaching, Relied on Self-Study for UPSC CSE: Rank 23 IAS Officer Shares Tips #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants If you were to search for UPSC coaching centers on the internet, you might find yourself

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

I Left Coaching, Relied on Self-Study for UPSC CSE: Rank 23 IAS Officer Shares Tips #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
If you were to search for UPSC coaching centers on the internet, you might find yourself spoilt for choice. There exist all kinds of coaching institutes, and the fees they charge varies according to how many successful aspirants have been produced over the years. While the coaching centre model might work for some, for others, it is a waste of resources both time and money.
But IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer Tapasya Parihar is a shining example of what can be achieved with consistency and diligent studying alone. Without any external coaching, she secured an AIR (All-India Rank) of 23 in the CSE (Civil Service Exam) in 2017.
A resident of Narsinghpur in Madhya Pradesh, Tapasya completed her education and moved to Pune, where she pursued a law degree. While the idea of appearing for the UPSC CSE was sown early on in Tapasya’s mind by her uncle, it was only when she was in Pune that she truly considered it. “It was my uncle’s dream to appear for the CSE and be part of the administration. He couldn’t achieve it, but somehow that stuck with me,??? Tapasya tells The Better India.
While pursuing her law degree, Tapasya was part of the legal aid cell, and as the student coordinator, got to see first-hand how many problems that were brought to the cell’s attention were administrative in nature. “I felt that many of these issues could be addressed and solved even before they were given time to fester and become legal issues,??? she adds. This realisation was the push that made her look at the CSE seriously.
So just after her five-year law course ended, in 2015, Tapasya began her preparation. “I reached Delhi and enrolled in a coaching institute in August 2015, armed with the information that my uncle, who had prepared for the services almost 15 years ago, had given me,??? she recalls. While joining a coaching institute was a given, Tapasya’s family did not feel comfortable with her moving to Delhi and living by herself. “It was a struggle and took quite a bit of convincing, but it worked in the end,??? she says.
‘Finding my voice amid all the noise’
Tapasya Parihar
“I went with the flow. So I paid up for the coaching and found myself seated for the first lesson,??? Tapasya says. But she notes that she soon realised that coaching classes were nothing but tiny rooms in which all aspirants did was take copious amounts of notes. “I cannot fault the coaching centres, because they have been doing this forever and producing results. For me, this format did not work at all. I found it difficult to focus with 300 other aspirants in the same class,??? she says.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme