Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Ancient Tradition Physics Keeps This Rajasthan Home 8 Degrees Cooler Than Outside #IndiaNEWS #Environment In March 2020, Raghu Pratap Singh, a Jaipur-based architect, accompanied his cousin to their

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Environment #IndiaNEWS

Ancient Tradition Physics Keeps This Rajasthan Home 8 Degrees Cooler Than Outside #IndiaNEWS #Environment
In March 2020, Raghu Pratap Singh, a Jaipur-based architect, accompanied his cousin to their property in Achrol, Rajasthan, which is about a 30-km drive from the city.
His cousin, Heena Sukhani and her family, wanted to sell their unused property and asked him to tag along to suggest his architectural views. Raghu was immediately impressed with the location and recommended that the family build ‘something unique’ to gain from it.
The family temporarily parked the thought of selling their property. Coincidentally, the visit happened around 18 March 2020, after which a nation-wide lockdown began.
A few weeks later, Raghu presented an eco-friendly design of a house to his family. “My extended family was impressed and gave me the approval to go ahead with the idea as it was economical too,??? the 26-year-old says.
Raghu built an eco-friendly house that harvests thousands of litres of water, has zero use of tiles and plaster. The house used 40 per cent less cement against the conventional requirement. He even implemented innovative designs to keep the house cooler. The result? The house remains cool by 8? in the Rajasthan heat even as the temperatures outside peak up to 50? in summers.
Magic Of Physics
Bedroom of Tatvam vas
Raghu tells The Better India that he created the house for his passion for building sustainable properties. “I completed an interior and architecture design degree in 2018. I was impressed with sustainable architecture, a subject taught during my academic years. The thought of using natural resources and reducing the need for artificial amenities always motivated me to find sustainable solutions,??? he says.
Raghu adds that not many decades ago, the wadas from Maharashtra and Southern India, the Havelis in Jaipur and Gujarat, stone houses in Ladakh and other Himalayan regions intrigued him. “These architectural marvels show us the efficient use of natural resources for sustainable living. I always feel fascinated and inspired by the same and try to apply it in my work,??? he says.
Raghu says through his firm, Tatvam Jaipur, he created the house, Tatvan Vas, inclusive of two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, swimming pool and two baths. The house spreads across 6,500 sq feet.
Sharing his insights on his eco-friendly concepts, Raghu says, “The construction required 300 bags of cement instead of the 500 or more. We used egg yolks and marble powder for the binding purpose, which helped reduce the overall requirement of cement. There is no layering of the structure. Terracotta bricks have been used during its construction, ensuring climate-responsive behaviour. ???
Raghu says the hollow spaces between the bricks ensure the indoor temperatures remain cooler during summers and warmer during the winter months.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme