Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Goodbye Sumanta Dey: Writer Richa Jha mourns the loss of her artist collaborator to Covid-19 #IndiaNEWS It’s been some hours since I got to know of Sumanta Dey’s death. Sumanta was not family.

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Goodbye Sumanta Dey: Writer Richa Jha mourns the loss of her artist collaborator to Covid-19 #IndiaNEWS
It’s been some hours since I got to know of Sumanta Dey’s death. Sumanta was not family. He wasn’t a friend either. And I have met him once for about five hours. Twice, actually, if we add a cab ride from the airport to the hotel earlier that day. The first time we exchanged email was on August 10, 2017. Not that long ago, when you think of it. Yet, the pain continues to slice me; Sumanta was a co-conspirator of the creative kind that only a few collaborators get comfortable being. This is the closest a Covid death has come round to my life. And mourn it I will, as my own.Sumanta Dey, an alumnus of the Government College of Art and Craft, Calcutta, was one of the finest young artists this country could boast of. I should know. I create picture books for children, and end up interacting with tens and dozens of superb illustrators all the time – freshers, seasoned, in-betweens and more. There was something distinctly genius-like in his artwork that stood out for me the day his email sharing his portfolio popped into my inbox. Usually, I let the portfolios waft in and out of my mindspace for a...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme