Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Coronavirus: As mental health services move online, problems of access and privacy emerge #IndiaNEWS Pragya Lodha remembers the hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a nationwide lockdown

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Coronavirus: As mental health services move online, problems of access and privacy emerge #IndiaNEWS
Pragya Lodha remembers the hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus. It was the middle of the night. A patient was calling her phone. The patient had suffered “a breakdownâ€? and was having suicidal thoughts. “They said, ‘I cannot stay in my house [anymore],’â€? recounted Lodha. “‘I’ve managed for the last three days, but [the days ahead] look scary.’â€?Lodha is a clinical psychologist and the programme director of the Mumbai chapter of MINDS Foundation, a nonprofit that expands mental health services to rural India. The days since the outbreak of Covid-19, she says, have been hard. There is heightened anxiety among the public, which is causing reactions ranging from “general distress to severe anxiety and sense of isolation,â€? said Lodha.Recognition of these mental health ramifications of Covid-19 had come relatively early. On March 18, the World Health Organisation released advice on protecting mental health. Among its recommendations: “avoid watching, reading or listening to news that could cause you to feel anxious or distressedâ€?; “find opportunities to amplify positive and hopeful storiesâ€?; “protect yourself and be supportive to otherp ː]Ù[™˜[ÝZY[[™ÈÛÈÛ›HÛȘ‹ˆÈš[H˜XÝ][HØ]ÙYžHHØÚÙÝÛ‹Y[[X[ٝšXÙH›ÝšYœË‹‹”™XY[Ü™H

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme