Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘I want to live up to my name’: Meet 13-year-old Satyvrat Ambedkar, Dalit rebel with a cause #IndiaNEWS Dear Reader, He is dressed in a full sleeved blue T-shirt. A thick black belt latches his

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

‘I want to live up to my name’: Meet 13-year-old Satyvrat Ambedkar, Dalit rebel with a cause #IndiaNEWS
Dear Reader, He is dressed in a full sleeved blue T-shirt. A thick black belt latches his blue denims firmly to his thin frame. A shy smile plays on his lips even as his dark brown eyes reflect conviction and determination. He is Satyvrat Ambedkar, a 13-year-old resident of Gwal Toli, Kanpur.“To me he is more than god. He has done more for us than god ever did.� The “he� little Satyvrat is talking about is none other than the man after whom he has been named – Babasaheb Ambedkar. Satyvrat’s given name, I learn, is Vishal. He is the youngest of five siblings. His father used to be a cleaner at a hotel. He also pulled rickshaws. Much of the money however went into his drinking He passed away earlier in the year. The family barely manages to get by. His mother, Shakuntala, and sisters work as cleaners in homes and offices. His brothers do manual work. None of them have been to school. But Satyvrat has decided he will not follow in his family’s footsteps. He will not take up the profession that has been forced onto his community for generations – sweeping and scavenging. Satyvrat belongs to the Bhangi or Mehtar...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme