Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Following in Federer’s footsteps: World No 419 Dominic Stricker gives Swiss fans hope for future #IndiaNEWS Dominic Stricker gave Swiss tennis fans hope for the future on Wednesday when the world

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

Following in Federer’s footsteps: World No 419 Dominic Stricker gives Swiss fans hope for future #IndiaNEWS
Dominic Stricker gave Swiss tennis fans hope for the future on Wednesday when the world No 419 became the youngest player from his country to reach an ATP quarter-final since Roger Federer at Copenhagen in 2000.Stricker, 18, followed up his Geneva Open first round win over former US Open champion Marin Cilic with a 7-5, 6-4 victory over Hungary’s Marton Fucsovics.His win came just a day after 20-time Grand Slam title winner Federer suffered a first round exit at the clay court event.Stricker’s serve has been crucial this week with the teenager firing nine aces to Cilic’s four and then helping save eight of the 11 break points he faced against Fucsovics.Stricker praised Federer for tips passed on when the pair practiced together in Dubai over the winter.“He told me some stuff, like how the serve is important and it’s the only shot in tennis that you can do by yourself,??? former Roland Garros junior champion Stricker told atptour.com.“You can’t learn it too much, so I just worked really hard on this shot. It’s getting better and I’m winning many points on serve.???Stricker next takes on Federer’s conqueror Pablo Andujar for a place in the semi-finals.Meanwhile, Casper Ruud believes he has the weapons to reach the second week...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme