Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Inspired by Japan, How This Gurugram Companys E-Scooters Became Bestsellers in India #IndiaNEWS #Electric Vehicles Okinawa Autotech, a Gurugram-based two-wheeler electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Electric #IndiaNEWS

Inspired by Japan, How This Gurugram Companys E-Scooters Became Bestsellers in India #IndiaNEWS #Electric Vehicles
Okinawa Autotech, a Gurugram-based two-wheeler electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing company, sold about 4,500 units last month. With many cities imposing necessary lockdowns this month to curb the raging COVID-19 second wave, the company’s business has taken a hit since they couldn’t supply new vehicles to their over 300 dealerships.
(Image of Founder and MD, Jeetender Sharma, on the left and a Okinawa scooter model on the right. )
But in just the first 12 days this month, they have received bookings for over 2,000 vehicles both online and offline. Once these restrictive lockdowns are lifted, the company hopes to increase sales this month.
According to Autocar Professional, a leading automotive fortnightly, Hero Electric, Okinawa and Ampere Electric reportedly have a combined market share of 71 per cent of the electric scooter market in India. Of course, it’s important to note that their sales were significantly hit last calendar year because of the pandemic.
“However, our sales rapidly picked up after the lockdown and we sold around 30,000 vehicles by the end of the previous financial year, which was down from around 33,000 the year before. Before the pandemic, we were earning annual revenues of close to Rs 150 crore,??? says Jeetender Sharma, Founder and Managing Director of Okinawa Autotech, speaking to The Better India.
Okinawa Autotech Team
Pioneer of the Indian EV Sector
These figures tell you that Okinawa remains not just a pioneer of the Indian EV sector but also one of its leading lights today. Founded in 2015 by Jeetender Sharma, a mechanical engineer by trade with over two decades of experience in the automobile industry, the company spent the first two years researching the EV ecosystem in India, consumer attitudes, developing and testing the prototype of their first high-speed electric scooter.
“My first job was with LML Scooter, which manufactured some of the highest-selling scooters in the middle to late 1990s, before moving to Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd in 2001. I was part of the 50-member launch team of Honda Scooters & Motorcycles in India and spent nearly 14 years with the company. There, I worked across different verticals like quality management, market intelligence and research and development. Before quitting Honda in 2015, I was heading the Supplier Quality Assurance of Honda two-wheelers, which meant overseeing the process intended to ensure that a supplier reliably supplies goods or services that satisfy the customer’s needs in the Indian, European and South-East Asian market. I had dedicated my entire life to working on or with two-wheeler automobiles,??? says Jeetender.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme