Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: ‘Each burning pyre is an unspeakable horror’: One researcher’s account of India’s Covid-19 crisis #IndiaNEWS Global health researcher Vyoma Dhar Sharma had just embarked on a fieldwork trip

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #IndiaNEWS

‘Each burning pyre is an unspeakable horror’: One researcher’s account of India’s Covid-19 crisis #IndiaNEWS
Global health researcher Vyoma Dhar Sharma had just embarked on a fieldwork trip to India as Covid-19 began sweeping through the population and overwhelming hospitals. It took a terrible toll on India – and her family.August 25, 2020It was pouring by the time my taxi reaches Oxford’s Gloucester Green bus station. I dash through the rain towards Heathrow bay as the X90 coach pulled in. The driver got down to smoke a cigarette and we talked, about Covid-19 obviously. He said he did not know of a single person who had died of this disease. “You only hear it on the news,??? he said. “Frankly, unless people start dropping dead on the street, I am not believing it???.A few hours later I was on an Air India repatriation flight to New Delhi, flying home for fieldwork. My study explored how global public health policy, scientific research and medical practice affect women’s health in India. Global health research is driven by statistical and empirical methodologies, typically sidelining people’s experiences of illness and care-seeking within health systems.And while gender is widely recognised as a major factor when it comes to good health outcomes, the focus on women’s health is normally limited to reproductive function. This leads to a systematic marginalisation...Read more

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme