Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: UPSC Aspirants, Dodge Costly Coaching Learn From IAS Officers WhatsApp Group #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants Somesh Upadhyay (32) is an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) who bagged an All India Rank

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

UPSC Aspirants, Dodge Costly Coaching Learn From IAS Officers WhatsApp Group #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
Somesh Upadhyay (32) is an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) who bagged an All India Rank of 34 in the 2016 examination. This officer is known for his rather unique teaching methods for UPSC aspirants.
Currently posted as Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Titilagarh, Odisha, he manages to find time from his busy schedule to mentor and help aspiring Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) candidates qualify for the Civil Service Examination (CSE).
Hailing from Bihar, Somesh spent a majority of his childhood in Kolkata. An excellent student right through his school days, Somesh says he wanted to become a scientist. He studied in an English medium school in Howrah until class 5, post which he had to move to a school that imparted education in Bengali.
A topper in the class 10 board examination, Somesh went on to complete his class 12 at the Ramakrishna Mission in Jharkhand.
While pursuing a Masters degree at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, he decided to work in public administration and connect with the people in a direct manner. “With certain financial constraints cropping up in the family, staying in Delhi, attending coaching classes and preparing was not an option,??? he tells The Better India.
In 2015, Somesh moved to Varanasi where he continued to prepare for the UPSC examination. “It was while preparing for the exam that I realised how inadequate the resources available to me were. I struggled quite a bit because of the lack of guidance and it was to change this that I started finding ways to mentor and coach UPSC aspirants,??? he says.
After clearing the UPSC examination, Somesh has helped other aspirants too. He maintains a blog where he periodically writes about techniques to follow during preparation and has a WhatsApp Telegram channel where he conducts mini test series and clears doubts as well. A total of seven aspirants, who were part of the Telegram group, qualified for the mains and Somesh decided to mentor them.
The WhatsApp Coach
IAS Officer Somesh Upadhyay
“The idea of starting the Whatsapp group was to provide individual attention to the seven aspirants who qualified for the mains. I started off with giving them one question a week to work on,??? he says, adding that these aspirants needed a little additional help and support. “There is no doubt that they were all very well qualified,??? he adds.
Somesh would then go through their responses and help them frame better answers. He says, “Sometimes aspirants would miss out on small points like starting with a good introduction or even ending the essay well. In my coaching, I helped them fine tune their answers. ??? Somesh focussed on the nitty gritties of improving the writing skills of each aspirant he mentored.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme