Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: IAS Officer Shares 10 Tips On How To Crack UPSC CSE While Working Full Time #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants Determination and consistent hard-work are perhaps the secret ingredients that many working professionals

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Civil #IndiaNEWS

IAS Officer Shares 10 Tips On How To Crack UPSC CSE While Working Full Time #IndiaNEWS #Civil Servants
Determination and consistent hard-work are perhaps the secret ingredients that many working professionals aspiring to crack the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)’s Civil Service Examination (CSE) employ.
Kajal Jawla bagged the All India Rank of 28 in the 2018 exams while working a full-time job that kept her busy for a good 9 to 10 hours each day. Having cleared the CSE premins and subsequently the interview stage in her fifth attempt, Kajal is very forthcoming about some of the mistakes she made and urges others to learn from them.
She appeared for the CSE for the first time in 2012 and mentions that she did so without having a full understanding of the services. Many of her peers were appearing for the examination and she followed suit. Speaking to The Better India, she says, “Appearing for that exam helped me understand the magnitude of the role and the services itself. Since 2016, I started preparing wholeheartedly for the services. ???
She shares tips and strategies that helped her clear the examination.
Work with the time you have
Kajal urges aspirants to have a clear understanding of the time on hand. “I would travel from Delhi to Gurgaon for work every day, and would always ensure that I had chalked out the syllabus I wanted to complete in any given week. This helped me plan my days better and at the end of the week left me with a sense of accomplishment as well,??? she says.
Become like a horse with blinkers
Explaining this, she says, “Having given the first exam in 2012, I was able to clear the prelims only in my fourth attempt in 2018. The wait was long but I kept my focus on the path ahead. ??? Surround yourself with only those who will support you unconditionally and whenever the need arises ask for help as well.
Invest in only good Return on Investment (ROI) topics
Kajal Jawla
“If like me, an aspirant has less time to prepare and revise, it is important to analyse the ROI that each topic under the syllabus will give you,??? says Kajal. Studying the syllabus is as important as preparing for the examination itself. Aspirants must have a clear understanding of the topics and the weightage that each portion is given. To do this, aspirants could compare the syllabus with previous year question papers.
Be smart in picking topics
The portion from which only one odd question was asked in the previous year papers, Kajal says that she did not devote time to such topics. “For example, world history, which is a vast topic, is one that I did not prepare. I studied the previous year papers and found that very few questions were asked from the topic. I ensured that I had a basic understanding of the topic and nothing more,??? she says.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme