Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Thane Coach who Trained Parineeti Chopra for Saina Nehwals Biopic is a Real-Life Hero #IndiaNEWS #Badminton Ever since Amole Gupte’s directorial biopic, Saina, on ace badminton player, Saina Nehwal

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Badminton #IndiaNEWS

Thane Coach who Trained Parineeti Chopra for Saina Nehwals Biopic is a Real-Life Hero #IndiaNEWS #Badminton
Ever since Amole Gupte’s directorial biopic, Saina, on ace badminton player, Saina Nehwal released, everyone — from the media to netizens — are talking about how well Parineeti Chopra has embodied Nehwal onscreen. Whether it is the body language, intensity on the court, clothes, the way she holds the racquet or the footwork — the resemblance is uncanny.  
But beyond commending the actors’ performance, it takes a lot more to get the elements of a biopic right. The makers, including the actors, have to be careful not to mock or mimic the main character. And the unsung heroes behind the scenes, working hard to authenticate every move of the central character, also deserve a mention.
Thane-based Shrikant Vad, the first Badminton World Federation (BWF) certified coach from India, was incharge of training Chopra to get the right moves.  

The recently released behind-the-scenes video of Vad training Chopra shows his dedication to the role. In another article, Gupte talks about making a film on Vad.  
“Vad Sir has been hiding behind a screen of anonymity for the last 32 years picking students from challenged backgrounds and raising them in his modest house. They include eight Shiv Chhatrapati Award Winners,??? he told the Hindustan Times in 2019.  
Vad is also a real-life hero who has changed innumerable lives by training underprivileged players for free.  
“I became a professional badminton player at 32 after quitting my well-paid job at a pharmaceutical company. I entered the sport late only because I had no guidance or mentor. So, I decided to become the coach that I wish I had. Society and people around me have given me a lot, and in order to give something in return, I decided to teach talented children who couldn’t afford coaching fees,??? Vad, who is the founder and president of Thane Badminton Academy tells The Better India.  
Vad has religiously dedicated three decades of his life to nurture ace shuttlers and bring Thane district at par with the rest of India in terms of badminton rankings. He has taught thousands of students, of whom 500 come from low-income households. Sixteen of his students are national champions, 42 are international players (including Nehwal) and hundreds have played at the state level.  
Source: Thane Badminton Academy/Facebook 
“Way before Nehwal etched her name in the world of badminton, she had attended one of my camps. I was thrilled to see a player so hungry and focussed. I have seen all her matches and there is no one like her. Eshan Naqvi, a shuttler-turned coach who essays the role of Nehwal’s husband in the movie, is also my student,??? the 65-year-old shares.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme