Mobile app version of hashkaro.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Jammu Girl Makes Ayurvedic Snacks For Ailing Father, Now Earns Rs 1 Crore From Them #IndiaNEWS #healthy living When Jammu resident Riddhima Arora’s (29) father became sick, she took a three-month

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #healthy #IndiaNEWS

Jammu Girl Makes Ayurvedic Snacks For Ailing Father, Now Earns Rs 1 Crore From Them #IndiaNEWS #healthy living
When Jammu resident Riddhima Arora’s (29) father became sick, she took a three-month break from her brand marketing job to stay at home and care for him. “My 59-year-old father was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, and doctors said there was nothing they could do, because his condition was worsening rapidly. While he was at home, I spent my time ensuring he ate nutritious food that is clean and locally sourced,??? Riddhima tells The Better India, adding that she began treating her father with various herbal teas, ayurvedic concoctions, and traditional foods.
After strictly excluding packaged food and items with preservatives, the family began sourcing all their ingredients from local farmers. Some of the food Riddhima’s father consumed regularly consisted of medicinal herbs like haridati (Indian hog plum) and harad, which has antiseptic properties.
“Within three months, his condition started improving, and he was feeling better. Though liver cirrhosis is incurable, my father was able to regain his strength by changing his food habits and exercising regularly. Now, he goes to work every day and takes care of our 80-year-old family business of selling dry fruits, medicinal herbs, organic produce, and ayurvedic medicine,??? says Riddhima.
Riddhima Arora, the founder of Namhya Foods with her father.
Mindful eating
Seeing how her father’s condition deteriorated and improved depending on the food he was consuming, Riddhima was motivated to help others change their lives by altering their eating habits as well.
“Most people have the habit of picking instant “healthy??? food without checking the ingredients used to make them. Sugar-free products, diet supplements, and other foods labelled as “healthy??? alternatives all have at least one harmful ingredient in them, including preservatives, maida, or fructose. So, I decided to launch a series of ayurvedic, herbal, and healthy products using family recipes,??? she says, adding that in 2019, she quit her job for good to set up her business.
By the end of 2019, she launched Namhya Foods — a series of healthy products ranging from herbal teas to regulate liver and heart health, to instant breakfast mixes, immunity-boosting lattes, healthy snacks, and PCOS and diabetes controlling teas.
Ayurvedic products made by Namhya Foods.
Riddhima started by sourcing and compiling various recipes that had been passed down from generations. She approached various ayurvedic experts who helped her understand the ratios and proportions of ingredients for various recipes. Apart from this, she also took a three-month ayurvedic certification course at the UVAS Ayurveda, Bangalore in collaboration with International Academy of Ayurveda.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme